Planning a class reunion takes a lot of work. Great Oldies DJ service can help with this process by giving you one less thing to worry about. When you book Great Oldies DJ service to provide the entertainment at your class reunion you can count on us to:
- Have a clear understanding, before the day of the reunion, of the types of music you want and the atmosphere you want created.
- Arrive early enough so we won’t be unloading and setting up equipment as your classmates are arriving.
- Present a very professional image with both our attire and our equipment.
- Play great music at the proper volume so that you and your classmates will be able to mingle and talk AND party.
Here are some links to information that can help you with your class reunion planning.
The most information about planning a class reunion that I have found on the internet: http://www.reunionclass.com/
Reunions Magazine http://www.reunionsmag.com/index.asp
1st Class Reunions – Reunion Planners in Georgia http://www.1stclassreunions.com/
National Association of Reunion Managers http://www.reunions.com/
Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Your first priority is to decide on a date and get that date reserved with a suitable venue, in writing.
- If many people are traveling for the reunion, ask a few local hotels to save a block of rooms. Hotels will often give you a discounted rate on a block of rooms that you can then offer to your classmates.
- Give assignments to volunteers based on whether they live locally or not. Local volunteers can contact businesses in person, non-local volunteers can search the internet and the phone book for old classmates.
- Many people who dropped-out or were held back still feel like a part of a certain class year. Consider this when searching for classmates and decide if you would like to include them.
- Though Classmates.com has limited tools unless you pay to join, they do allow you to post info about events on the site and to update everyone from your class year. It’s a cost-effective way to send out a ‘Save the Date’; though not all classmates will check the site, it does allow you to see who viewed it and when they viewed it.
- Don’t try to go it alone! Request help from the start so that you don’t get bogged down trying to find people, plan the details, and live your own life.
- Don’t stress over negative reactions! Sadly, not everyone has recovered from the traumas of high-school politics and no matter how you plan the event they will disapprove of the venue/date/cost. Try to keep it affordable and convenient as everyone will be at different crossroads in their lives, but remember that you cannot plan around everyone’s schedules and budgets.
Let Great Oldies DJ service help to make your class reunion special. Call today!